So i’ve figured out the best way to live – not care what people think of you and laugh at yourself often (we’re walking entertainment!). I guess the reason for this blog was to show that being unashamedly yourself makes you awesome.
So without getting all deep and meaningful on you, here’s some life tips to help you all turn into rainbows (with a pot of gold at the end?);
1. Stop giving a shit what people think of you. Do and say what you want and if someone doesn’t like you for it, its a problem with THEM, not you. Its their opinion in their own crummy lives. You have your own individual life and you’re too busy being awesome to even notice or care.
2. If someone doesn’t like you, it’s best to let them waste their own energy thinking about you rather than you spending your energy thinking about them – use your energy for something else, like riding a unicorn into the sunset (it can be pretty tiring).
2. Don’t wait for people’s opinions on you either, give off the vibe of ‘I’m awesome and if you don’t agree, boohoo for you, feck off’. Don’t need to be agressive or forceful, but you do need to be loudly awesome. Go into a pub or bar and look around, see that table of people laughing and having fun? That’s gotta be you, that’s your table. And guess what, everyone wants to join you because you look like a hilariously friendly bunch of people.
3. There’s always negatives in life, but if you can find a positive from it or are able to stand back at laugh at the situation, then you’ve greatly reduced your negatives. Suddenly there’s a whole lot less negatives! My favourite quote is “if you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it”. And if all else fails, complain about it to a bestie (they always have the right thing to say!)
4. Surround yourself with good people. If they can make you almost wee your pants laughing, bonus! I took myself off Facebook and went from 150 ‘friends’ to about 5 really awesomely hilarious buddies and it was the best thing I ever did! Realise who the positive, hilarious, encouraging and awesome ones are and Velcro them to you.
5. This is going to sound strange but jump in some motherflippin puddles! Lay on the grass, stand in the rain, walk through mud barefoot. Have some bloody silly kid fun would ya! And dont avoid nature, enjoy it! We think we’re meant to act some way as adults because society tells us to, f*ck that, go do a nudey run in the rain.
Life can be a bully sometimes and life loves to test our patience, but don’t let it win, just smile at its pathetic attempt to screw you over and carry on. My whole life would be a massive frustration to someone else, but i actually enjoy it! Its what makes each day interesting for me. Life can only kill you once, the rest of the time it just stabs you, and stab wounds heal. The more awesome you are, the quicker they heal. True story.
Now run free my pretties!